Home Insurance Coverage in Edmonton
Purchase home insurance for your house, apartment or condo in Edmonton to protect yourself in the event of a break-in, fire, flood or any other event that could cause significant damage to your home. Homeowner’s insurance will also cover liability issues that arise if someone is injured at your home or on your property. The team at Merit Insurance Services will work to get you the best coverage and price for you. Here are some tips to help you save even more:
- Purchase all of your insurance policies (home and auto) in one place to take advantage of the discounts for doing so.
- Increase your deductible to lower your monthly or yearly premiums.
- Don’t over-insure. Insurance only covers loss, so there is no reason to include the price of the land your home is built on in your replacement cost. Many homeowners mistakenly do this, and end up paying higher premiums than they need to.
- Make claims less often. Be sure your claim is worth making, as the number of claims made could drive up the cost of your premium.
- Increase safety, with alarm systems, hard wired smoke detectors and more, which could qualify you for additional discounts.
- Pay annually versus monthly, as there are often additional fees involved for paying monthly. Spend time comparing rates and requesting quotes before deciding.