Easy Insurance Claim Processing for Edmonton
If You’re Involved In An Accident
We would like to offer a few helpful tips if you have the misfortune of being involved in an auto accident.
- Stay calm. Panic can often make the situation worse.
- Assess the situation. Check to see if you and the other driver have sustained injuries. If injuries are apparent, call an ambulance for assistance. Do not attempt to move any injured person unless they are in immediate danger of further injury.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone, especially concerning fault or liability. You should only discuss the accident with the police and your insurance agent.
- Call the policeto file an accident report. It is always a good idea to have an unbiased, legal report of the accident for liability protection.
- Get informationfrom all persons and witnesses involved in the accident. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers and the vehicle identification number(s). The vehicle identification number (VIN) and name of the other driver's insurance provider are especially important. Most insurance companies do not maintain records of licence plate numbers, but this information may be useful. The name and badge number of the responding police officer is also useful information.
- Process your claim– following an accident, it’s important to call Merit Insurance Services as soon as possible to get started on your claim.